The Webster Technique
The Webster chiropractic technique, in particular, has gained popularity among pregnant women as it offers a gentle and non-invasive approach to alleviate common pregnancy-related discomforts.
Why is the Webster Technique Safe and Effective for Pregnant Women?
The Webster chiropractic technique is considered a safe and effective treatment option for pregnant women due to several reasons:
1. Non-invasive: The Webster technique involves no invasive procedures, drugs, or surgeries, making it a safe option for pregnant women seeking relief from physical complaints.
2. Evidence-based: The Webster technique is an evidence-based technique that has been extensively researched and found to be safe and effective for pregnant women.
3. No harm to the fetus: The gentle adjustments used in the Webster technique do not pose any harm to the growing fetus or the mother.
4. Improves Pelvic Alignment: During pregnancy, hormonal changes and the weight of the growing fetus can cause pelvic misalignment, leading to discomfort and pain. The Webster technique corrects the alignment of the pelvis, reducing discomfort and improving overall function.
5. Can help with breech positioning: The Webster technique has been shown to help with breech positioning by reducing tension in the round ligament and improving pelvic alignment which may result in baby moving more comfortably into a head down presentation.
6. Addresses Common Pregnancy Complaints: The Webster technique is effective in addressing common pregnancy complaints like back pain, neck pain, headaches, and more, allowing women to experience a more comfortable pregnancy.
Pregnancy can be an uncomfortable and painful time for women, but the Webster chiropractic technique offers a safe and effective option for relief from physical complaints. By addressing pelvic misalignment and reducing tension and pressure on surrounding ligaments and muscles, the Webster technique can help pregnant women experience a more comfortable pregnancy.
However, it is essential to consult with a qualified chiropractor who is experienced in treating pregnant women before undergoing any chiropractic treatment. Both Dr. Pearl and Dr. O’Hara are Webster technique certified chiropractors. Contact our office for more information and to schedule your appointment today!
What Our Patients Are Saying
"Dr. Pearl is great! She's gentle, (the [Webster] method itself is gentle too) and she's just a warm human being. Coming to her is easy. She explains everything beforehand and answers any questions. She also gave me homework I could do at home. I am thrilled and so thankful to her.”
"Throughout my pregnancy I suffered from severe SI Joint pain and every time I left Dr. O'Hara's office I felt some relief. I felt safe and cared for during my entire pregnancy. I also believe my chiropractic care during pregnancy attributed to my short labors and quick deliveries, especially my VBAC! I would highly recommend seeing Doctor O'Hara throughout your pregnancy and postpartum!"
More Prenatal & Postpartum Care Options
Prenatal massage is a full body massage performed by a certified prenatal massage therapist that is similar to a Swedish massage (long sweeping movements) with modifications to ensure the safety and comfort for both mother and baby.
Restorative Yoga is a safe and gentle practice, suitable for expecting mothers and postpartum women. Poses use props such as blocks, straps, bolsters, blankets, and a wall to provide a completely supportive environment for total relaxation. Classes are for all levels and are designed to help you to feel relaxed and renewed.
Visit our BKWC Studio Page for more info.
Studies have shown that ultrasound treatments can reduce pain and symptoms of mastitis. *Patients also report improvements in breastfeeding. This treatment is painless and safe for breastfeeding mothers.
*Lavigne V, Gleberzon BJ. Ultrasound
Moxibustion is a traditional Chinese method of treatment, which utilizes the heat generated by burning herbs near the acupuncture points to stimulate them. It can be used for breech presentation with a reported success rate of 84.6%* Moxibustion technique is an affordable, safe, simple, non-invasive, painless option.
*(compared to ECV with success rates ranging between 45%-65% depending on study after 34 weeks gestation). Ewies A, Olah K. Moxibustion in breech version--a descriptive review. Acupunct Med. 2002 Mar;20(1):26-9. doi: 10.1136/aim.20.1.26. PMID: 11926602.as a